Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought there should be a thread for amusing/ embarassing things which have happened. I am pinching this one from a girl I used to work with, but here goes

She was out for a run with her golden labrador, on a lovely sunny evening, when a car screeched up beside her and the driver shouted "here, are you blind?" She thought she must have run across the road in front of him, then he shouted "good going, love, keep it up " and drove off. Seems the combination of sunglasses and a golden labrador gave the wrong impression!

That was about 6 months ago and I still crack up every time I think about it:d:lol::d

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I need a Golden Labrador - with my shades, I would fit the bill, and might get traffic to let me across more often! :lol:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wasnt on a a run but in work yesterday (Army Careers) Was discussing with an applicant how quick he could do his mile and a half run????? After a small pause he looked me straight in the eye and said??

SIX MINUTES

I had to explain to this young man that the record for the mile was 3.43 and to run a six minute mile and a half, he would have to be running Olympic standard mile pace for His own run!

Oh the niavety of youth

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Haha I would love it if he went out and did it :). It is probable that there is someone out there that can but has never run competitively and never will.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts