1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the home page where it has your Training Blog stats, mine says:

So far this week...
You've run 18.28685596 miles

Bu66er... there was me thinking I'd done 18.28685597 miles this week :confused: :d

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've just added todays run and it says that my weeks mileage is now 26.78685596 :d

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Trinity said:
On the home page where it has your Training Blog stats, mine says:

So far this week...
You've run 18.28685596 miles
I like to be exact :p

Bu66er... there was me thinking I'd done 18.28685597 miles this week :confused: :d
I'll see your sarcasm and raise you a fact!
Due to the way computers handle floating point numbers and rounding errors, you may well have done 18.28685597 miles, so neh! :p

I'll get it changed to 2 decimal places.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Now rounds to 2 decimal places.

Since it's the new week you won't see the change until you enter a new race.

You know that feature has been in for probably over a year and you're the first to report that bug.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanku forum techie ;)

2 decimal points or 10 decimal points... it's all the same to me :rolleyes:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Trinity said:
Thanku forum techie ;)

2 decimal points or 10 decimal points... it's all the same to me :rolleyes:
Aw!... and there was me thinking that you'd run the extra .0000000001 mile just improve your milage stats..... as well as your posting stats ;)

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I'm guessing it all comes about form the km > mile convertion? I'd noticed it pop up a few times, but I'm quite happy for stare at decimal places - it makes me feel like i've ran further! (well it certainly does at the moment anyhow!)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
richardsimkiss said:
I'm guessing it all comes about form the km > mile convertion?
Yup, kilometer inputs are multiplied by 0.621371192 and metre inputs by 0.000621371192 to get miles, which ends up as a number with lots of precision.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
On this topic, thanks to Headspin for noticing that the stats opposite your name in posts were usually less than they should have been. They're right now.

This was of course a cunning plan by me and Dan to make you train harder and be fitter, and absolutely definitely not a mistake made by me *whistles innocently* :embarrassed:

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
bairy said:
This was of course a cunning plan by me and Dan to make you train harder and be fitter, and absolutely definitely not a mistake made by me *whistles innocently* :embarrassed:
:d

When you log a treadmill run would it be possible to have a Type of surface option for treadmill?

Hope you can assist

TIA Giles

·
Registered
835 Posts
bairy said:
What types of surface are there for treadmills?
You've obviously never fallen of a tread mill .... they suddenly become very hard! I remember laughing at Ronnie Corbett falling off the treadmill in the video that Peter Kaye did for some charity (Is this the way to Amorillo?) and less than a week later I found myself on the gym floor quickly trying to compose myself and hoping no one had spotted me, but knowing full well that everyone was stifling a laugh. :embarrassed:

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Trinity said:
hello stranger!
well helloooooo ;)

I thought I was going to get chance to catch up with the several thousand posts I'd missed - evidently not! I got called away after all of 1 or 2 posts!

I think there's a few things that ideally could do with updating in the training blog feature... I'll have a think then post back constructively as and when time allows! :)

·
Registered
835 Posts
richardsimkiss said:
well helloooooo ;)

I thought I was going to get chance to catch up with the several thousand posts I'd missed - evidently not! I got called away after all of 1 or 2 posts!

I think there's a few things that ideally could do with updating in the training blog feature... I'll have a think then post back constructively as and when time allows! :)
Did you bring twinks back with you, or is she still recovering?

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
scr8pe said:
Did you bring twinks back with you, or is she still recovering?
I phoned Twinks today but no answer :confused:
I've emailed, texted and sent a message through here, a little worried now

I hope it's just that she's on holiday or something

1 - 18 of 18 Posts