Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did another 5k time trial today - new PB of 23.28. Beats my old one by 68 secs! yay:d

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
That's great Rob !

And there was me thinking the 28 seconds i tookoff my pb a fortnight ago was really good ;) 19.27 btw swansea bay 5k series www. swanseabay 5k.com

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
that swansea 5k looks like a terrible race... ~500 people in a 5k?!... shocking... would be better to do a handicap race with fewer people ~50... a handicap race is where the starting times is based on your PB on the course so everyone has equal chance of winning...

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
that swansea 5k looks like a terrible race... ~500 people in a 5k?!... shocking... would be better to do a handicap race with fewer people ~50... a handicap race is where the starting times is based on your PB on the course so everyone has equal chance of winning...
Yes your right i dont know why i bothered :embarrassed:

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
It can't have been that bad Mr C., you got a PB:)

Congrats to you and Rob
Thanks Steve ,i spoke to one of the organisers of the above race (which i've never entered before) He told me that there had been a huge number of enter on the day runners .

I t's the first 5k i've ever entered so had no idea of the size of the field .

I have recently moved house and this race was virtually on my doorstep so i thought well why not,let's see how it goes !

The way i look at it is if 500 people are prepared to put on their running gear and have a crack well good on them !

It may not suit some people but thats life!;):)

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I have recently moved house and this race was virtually on my doorstep so i thought well why not,let's see how it goes !
ok, fair enough... i can relate to that... i guess i'm just lucky that my local 5k race is a low key affair... it is great being able to walk just up the road to get there... if it was missions to get to the race i doubt i'd enter at all !...

it is a very impressive time... especially considering that it was your first attempt at the course and that you were running with a hords of people... congratulations :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts