Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the Darlington Pit Stop 10k last night and and got a new, if not greatly different, PB of 50:57 - my previous PB was 51:00. I set the Garmin to pace me on target for 49.30 and when I crossed the line it said I'd missed my target by 19 secs, which means that technically I may have gone sub-50. I was talking to a guy after the race and we compared distances on our watches and agreed that the distance was approx 6.35 miles - a little bit over the prescribed distance. But anyway, the judges will decide, as ever, and my new PB stands at 50:57. Considering I've had two days off work in a fortnight and food poisoning on Sunday and Monday, I was fairly pleased. Onwards and upwards/downwards to the next one!:d

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Well done Rob.

Onwards and upwards indeed mate................:d

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
great going Rob, PB is still a PB :d

·
Registered
348 Posts
Congrats Rob, A PB is a PB as twinkle says!

As for the Garmin distance, from what I've heard they mostly over-estimate races so I would trust the organisers generally.

It sounds like you may be better using the km markers to judge if you are on pace as well as your Garmin too.

49:XX next time then!

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Well done. As has already been said, it's a PB even if only just. Given that you've not been well, I'd say you have even more reason to feel pleased :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yep, I've got one every month through to September so far, so plenty to get on with and a couple of them are chip-timed. Frustrating as it can be, I was thinking afterwards that it's perhaps not a good thing to hit goals too quickly. There's always next time etc, and it's always still fun first and foremost for me.:)

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
as I think has been mentioned elsewhere on the forum previously... race distances will be measured taking teh shortest possible route around the course. As with msot races you tend to stick ot one side of the road and therefore not take the shortest route - the extra distance can soon mount up!

Mucho congrats on the PB ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts