Runners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

As I have said in other posts I am trying to lose weight and get fit.

Unfortunately I have very UNWANTED cellulite :embarrassed: . I have been told about body or skin brushing.

I was just wondering if any of the ladies had tried it and what success they had had.

How long does it take before you notice a difference?

Cheers

The Minx

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
i know i'm not technically a lady but here goes any way.

I have heard of this I think its supposed to open your pores and allow the toxins out and get rid of cellulite

I don't have any clue if it works or not but if it's painless and free it can't harm to try it

http://healingtools.tripod.com/skinbrushing.html;)

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
cheriton said:
i know i'm not technically a lady but here goes any way.

I have heard of this I think its supposed to open your pores and allow the toxins out and get rid of cellulite

I don't have any clue if it works or not but if it's painless and free it can't harm to try it

http://healingtools.tripod.com/skinbrushing.html;)

Sorry to butt in here... Cheriton: " not technically a lady"? A "laydee", perhaps?
Is this something to do with the sheep you referred to on another thread.... oh yes, and the "lie forum"?
The plot thickens. Seemingly into something rather unsavoury! :p

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
pedestrian said:
Sorry to butt in here... Cheriton: " not technically a lady"? A "laydee", perhaps?
Is this something to do with the sheep you referred to on another thread.... oh yes, and the "lie forum"?
The plot thickens. Seemingly into something rather unsavoury! :p
Yes your right MR P i've always had a sweet tooth.;)

and the on lie forum just a mistype honest!!!:embarrassed:

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
It seems minxie the boys know more...

I have never tried any of it before, I have accepted it as one of natures nasty twists.

Beside I don't have the best looking legs in the world and very rarely do I get them out, it sounds like a whole lot of effort to then cover them up.

sorry I couldn't of been of more help.

TT

·
Registered
707 Posts
I guess I've kinda tried it... in that I use a shower gel that has loofa in it (Simple exfoliating stuff) and seeing as I tend to massage my theighs for quite a while in't shower (after runs, but then I'm running most days soo... ) then yeah... I don't have cellulite, so maybe it works!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I think it's a bit of a myth. The theory is that you push the celulite towards the lymph glands where the body will dispose of it naturally. But we all know that the body is not just a sack of fluid so you'd have to keep rubbing for hours in one direction for it to have any effect. You're more likely to burn more calories in the arm movements of the "brushing" than for the brushing itself to remove celulite.

Celulite is a natural thing though. The reason women have it is to give them fat reserves that their bodies use during pregnancy, so really it's just you being womanly.

Anyway, enough of this talk of "groin brushing". It's bad enough with almost_no_specifics and her pre run naked stretching and post run loofa thigh massage, talk of nipple rash and nipple-less t-shirts and every other post advising a liberal application of vaseline :eek:

·
Registered
707 Posts
LOL those are both post-run routines :p Anyway, I think the point is that it increases blood flow and circulation to those areas, and helps break down the fat, whether or not it gets drained away is a different matter. I think also, the rubbing helps generally tone and soften the skin. Works for me, go figure.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Jason said:
Anyway, enough of this talk of "groin brushing". It's bad enough with almost_no_specifics and her pre run naked stretching and post run loofa thigh massage, talk of nipple rash and nipple-less t-shirts and every other post advising a liberal application of vaseline :eek:
Jason, you've forgotten "Mr. Octopus".... Don't forget Mr. Octopus! :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts