Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So the big day is looming fast for some of you guys Ijust wanted to post this thread to wish you "all" the very best for the flora london marathon you've all put in so much effort some have struggled with the odd injury woe but cometh the day cometh the woman/man.
I sincerely hope that you all achieve what you set out to do whether that be a pb or just to finish .

enjoy the occasion and enjoy the atmosphere in the knowledge that we ie the ones who aren't doing the race are all behind you !

And remember it's a short race not a marathon!!

Take it easy

good luck
and all the best

Cheriton and the forumites;) :) :cool: :d

and i hope that as many of you forumites as possible will post a good luck message on here our support could make the difference between success and failure!!!!!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Awww thank you Cheriton :rolleyes:

I heard of someone who had a race tactic of putting a close friend/relative to each mile to keep them focused on doing their best in each mile... thinking 'I can't give up on xxxxx's mile...not on their watch'.

I don't know if I could remember people's names after 18 miles though...everything goes a little squiffy after a while :confused:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yep, big-up respecto to all you people. I'm going to miss FLM on tv this year as I'm rostered to work but I'll watch the highlights and, more importantly, I'll be waiting for all your posts on here! We're all rooting for you!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
bagpuddycat said:
The very best of luck to all of you. I am in total awe of each and every one of you.

May the weather do just what you want, and the blisters stay away.
My sentiments exactly. Keep it going!

·
Registered
16 Posts
My best friend is running this year and i am going down as part of the support party :)however i have a horrible feeling that i will be so energised by the whole thing that i'll sign up for next year!!

My first half marathon is getting planned as we speak so its not such a large jump after all. I can't wait for the energy of the crowd and cheering everyone on.

Good luck xxx

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you to all who took the trouble to post on this thread i'm sure it's appreciated thank you !;) :)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Best of luck on Sunday, hope all your hard work comes to fruition and you get the results you want.

Crazy dudes :eek:

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Dale the Snail said:
I have been given £100 sponsorship pledge if I run in a tutu. Scary !
Your offer beats mine, I have an offer of £50.00 to go as Borat !! :embarrassed: (from a geezer as well!)

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Afternoon TT ! no - believe it or not I've been working :p - had to go setup a company's IT from scratch and needless to say like the trained professionals we are, could not get an internet connection working for a while :d

How the running with you? (are you back out there), too many post to go through and check

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Working..................... :eek: :eek: :eek:

<<<<TT is spluttering feathers everywhere>>>>

Thanks goodness you did get the connection going don't want to be doing the "w" word to frequently, I always find it gets in the way :d

yes been back for about 3 - 4 weeks now, was suppposed to do a 5 mile road race on Sunday but it got cancelled because of a bit of snow health and safety, boo hiss

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
It's all sorted now so back to doing what I do best - surfing the net and seeing what Youtube has to offer.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts