Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all.

We have bought a treadmill to kick start our fitness regime as we are the wrong side of 35 and I am 5 stone overweight. Modesty prevents me revealing the wifes; that and the fact she will kill me :) We also got an eliptical trainer thrown in on the deal.

So far I have lost 6 pounds in three weeks. Monday-Friday I do 30 min on the trainer and 30 mins on a treadmill programme which takes me to 4mph, with Tuesdays off as we are out.

Sat and Sun I do the same plus 30 min run/walk and am up to 2 min run/1 min walk.

My next goal is 30 min run :)

This forum has been very useful for guidance and thanks to all who post their experience.

Giles

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Glad you've been able to find some info that's been of use to you - and even more glad that you've taken the time to sign up n say hi!!!

Sounds like you're progressing pretty well and the weight is dropping off! Excellent stuff, keep it up :)

Great to hear you're getting on well with the treadmill - but with summer round the corner you'll soon be running outside and I don't reckon you'll look back ;)

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
richardsimkiss said:
Great to hear you're getting on well with the treadmill - but with summer round the corner you'll soon be running outside and I don't reckon you'll look back
Don't know about the great outdoors yet. The beauty of the treadmill is it is by the tv so sitting looking makes me feel guilty and the rabbits can run whilst we exercise.

·
Registered
707 Posts
HI!

You should at least giving the great outdoors a shot, it's awesome :d All that fresh air! It's like free air conditioning!

Anyway sounds like you're off to an awesome start, so best of luck for everything you do, keep up the good work :d

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Sounds like you've made a fantastic start :)

Glad that it's going well for you. Give running outdoors a try, though, you might be pleasantly surprised!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Good start Hrun and Mrs Hrun!

Keep working at it and you'll feel the need to "come out"..so to speak..into the fresh air once the summer arrives...if it ever does this year!!

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Hello Hrun and Mrs Hrun.

I'm a new (and overweight) runner, too, and I should warn you - this running thing gets addictive :eek:

I echo what the others say, though. Running outside, especially in the sunshine, is so much more enjoyable than a treadmill. I only manage to get outside for one of my three weekly runs, but I see it as a treat, whereas the other two are a boring training necessity.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the welcomes.

1hr 15mins tonight. Bagpuddycat, I know what you mean I considered carrying on but there are shirts to iron etc. The beauty of the treadmill is the guilt factor of it being beside the telly. I have a bike and did the London to Brighton last year but as the bike is hidden in the shed training was an effort as it was easy to ignore.

I have lost 1/2 stone in three weeks without dieting so over the moon. Worth pointing out I have cut out the 2/3 bottles of wine that crept into the shopping for no reason.

Hrun

1 - 8 of 8 Posts