Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys id really like some advice if any one has any.
The last week iv been running, my ankles started to feel sore during and after a run, now it hurts round the back of my ankle and im thinking it might be my achilles.
I dont know why this is, iv changed my running trainers but didnt get them fitted there asics gel-viaage, so iv been told it might be them as iv only had them for about a month?
Its really painfull tho and i rested the weekend went out this morn so now not so good:(

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Hi Hayley - it sounds like you have LCS (Lateral Compartment Syndrome). This occurs when the foot is too flexible, causing the arch to flatten excessively.
You should probably get some professional advice first to confirm this is the case - then it would probably be wise to do the whole RICE thing (rest, ice, compression, elevation), and probably get some sort of ankle re-inforcement (tape or support).
It it is the achilles (achilles tendonitis) - this could be down to over-training, especially on hills... good news is though - if you look after it early enough, you should make a quick recovery. :) Get it checked out soon though...otherwise if you ignore it, it could become chronic, which is harder to treat.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks sweaty betty, i have been running more and hills are always involved at moment so all makes sense. Ill get it looked at H

1 - 3 of 3 Posts