Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm fairly sure I've hurt my achilles; pain from my right heel up my calf. At any rate, something isn't right.
Therefore, i'm resting it. However, I cycle to work. The only way around this is to walk; so either I cycle to work (10 min) or walk(30 min).

Any idea which is better to encourage my leg to heel? cycling doesn't hurt it; walking can be painful unless i remember to take small steps. This tells me cycling is better, but i'm worried that it might be stretching the muscle too much.

Any advice welcome

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I'd imagine it's just a case of whichever causes you least discomfort? Cycling is non weight bearing, which will obviously help by taking the shock/pounding off the achilles... though if you're feeling a lot of discomfort from cycling it's probably not the best idea(though it sounds like you're not suffering while cycling)...

Gently stretching it shouldn't do any further damage... perhaps even helps it if it's not causing pain?

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
I cycled and swam through my recent ankle problems. Didn't seem to bother the recovery although it was sore getting off the bike the first couple of times.

You will know if it feels wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts