Runners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just after some advice. I have got back in to running as my wife started recently but currently has fractured her spine so running on my own now but that’s a different story.
Over the years I have had Achilles problems and suffer a lot with my right Achilles. I seem to injure it if wearing flat Un-supporting shoes Like flip flops or toms for example and can feel tension just walking in shoes like that.
So when I comes to running it was feeling ok which was good but the more I have pushed myself it has started to ache and the area around the heel feel tender/sore but not unbearable. In fact if I start running with it it’s a dull ache and then about 5-10 min in to the run it feels good. Even after running just now I have no discomfort but I k ow come tomorrow morning it will be tender for about 3-4 days. I just found it strange how if feels good when running
just after any advice anyone can offer as to what may be causing it or anything to help heal it.

·
Registered
852 Posts
This sounds to me like classic achilles tendinopathy. Take a look at https://www.ouh.nhs.uk/patient-guide/leaflets/files/11924Ptendinopathy.pdf and if it fits the pattern and your medical practitioner agrees then it will take a firm commitment to do the exercises as recommended, such as the eccentric heel drops. This will take several weeks or even months. But it will be worth it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts