Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I have been having physio for ten weeks for my achilles, done my strengthening programme and started treadmill tentative running, four minutes on four minutes off.
My physio said I was fine to do that (with heel lifts in) so I did. MISTAKE - on the second or third session (only 20 minutes) I felt that familiar sharp pain through my ankle and stopped immediately. Iced up when I got home and havent been back on treadmill since last week.
I cannot afford to keep going to physio any more and just wonder if anyone has had this happen and is it just a "blip" in my recovery?
Since last week I have only done rowing and elliptical trainer, with no ill effects, but I want to run!
Any advice would be appreciated.:(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks, I just thought when I felt that pain that I was back to square one, but it doesnt feel too bad today.
I think the physio gave me hope too soon that it was fine, will use caution, scared to run now though!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
large rat said:
Ok thanks, I just thought when I felt that pain that I was back to square one, but it doesnt feel too bad today.
I think the physio gave me hope too soon that it was fine, will use caution, scared to run now though!
I understand that feeling alright having had an ongoing injury for xxx months! I've finally decided that caution is the only way so am doing slower, gentler runs which seems to be working for me...so far!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts