Hi, would just like to know whether this little plan is ok to start out with:

M: Full body weights
T: HITT
W: Easy
T: HITT
F: Rest
S: Tabata
S: Distance

My goal is just to get fit, and to get rid of cellulite and wobbly of my lower half, to tone up and get tight.

Thanks.

Rachel.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
What exercise do you do at the moment?

There are 3 high intensity workouts there - they will take more getting over than you'd think.

What distance/pace will you be doing for the HIIT, easy and distance? Lastly, what will you be doing on the Tabata?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I have been doing loads of different things over the years. Just recently I had been doing a split routine of weights, it was ok, but didnt like the bulking element and put on too much weight.

So decided I wanted to get back into running again.

I was doing tabata for a little while, ie bodyrocktv stuff, bodyweight exercises. Really enjoyed that.

But I have just joined the gym (cant run outside due to dodgy area!). The HIIT's at the mo would only be for about 15 mins at a time, say 1 min walk, 2 min jog. Before when I used to do it I was really good, jogging 1 min and sprinting 45, so would like to get back to actually sprinting again.

The distance and easy, I havent quite worked that out yet. Was just going to run until I couldnt go any more on easy, then setting myself a challenge for the distance run.

What do you suggest?

Thanks,

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
So the tabata wasn't a running session and the HIIT is intervals, not high intensity ones (for the time being)?

If your aim is a general increase in fitness, then it's most likely fine, but you'll want to keep an eye on your progress.

Easy run should be a recovery type run - don't go until exhaustion all the time, otherwise you'll end up giving in as you're constantly tired/injured.

Do you drive? If you can't run the streets, can you not drive to an area of your choice and run there?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts