1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Need some advice please.
To Run or Not To Run........
Recently ran Berlin Marathon and all went well....as soon as I got back I registered for Dublin because I felt so good. 4 weeks between Marathons. Took 1st week off and have done 3 runs this week, 10 miles/12 Miles and just today my poorest run ever!!!.. Planned on doing 15 but managed only 12 with 2 miles of that walking 1 at half way and the last mile.
I think I can put it down to a lack of motivation after reaching this years goal in Berlin. I simply stopped running because I couldnt be bothered..... I would love to run Dublin because i have run there the last 2 years and really enjoy it as a race. If im honest I cant picture not being there at the start in 2 weeks time.
Should I give it a skip and let the body recover? or should I take these 2 weeks to re-focus on the race and be up for it come race day? Have I enough training done? My last run over 20miles in distance will have been Berlin, is that enough. Dublin would be my 4th marathon.
Any advice welcome.
Thanks Guys.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi,

First well done in Berlin, that was my first 5 years ago and I loved it...
If it was me with your current thoughts, I would remain posative and look forward to a race you enjoy..
With regard to trainning cut back totaly on milage allowing your body to repair itself, forced long runs now will make very little difference..
You need to take it easy .
See you Dublin, will be my number 8!!

Take it easy

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Robbopsr,

Thank you for the reply. I wasnt sure about how easy I could take it over these few weeks. Ran home from work again this evening, about 7 miles or so, but there was some improvement in terms of attitude. Felt tired though and the legs were kind of heavy. Rest is the best option so!!
8 races over 5 years, fair play....have you run Dublin before?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Eau,

No not ran Dublin, and I am looking forward to it- must be mad!!
As a thought for you my next 2 weeks prep- 18 total miles over 3 runs, and then last week 9 miles total over 3 runs and lots of eating.

good luck

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive taken the eating thing to a whole new level....think I actually put on weight is past few weeks....im ashamed of myself. Good luck with the preperations and good luck with the race.
If you need any info about Dublin or the Expo etc just post here and have a look in once in a while....let me know how things go post race as well.
Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts