Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there all

Ok, so next Sunday I've got my first 10k/6 mile run. I've built myself up since Jan, and am now training 10k/6miles twice weekly, one time doig hill work. I'm planning on doing a half marathon in a few months, to get on shape for this shall i keep adding a mile on every 2 weeks, or do i need to step it up even more? Any tips?

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Give yourself say 3 months to build up to the 1/2m so that you can build your mileage up gradually...ie 10% per week.

Also it would be best if you ran 4 times a week including 1 hill/speed session and one long slow run.

Any idea what 1/2m you might do?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure whick one! I live in south wales, but i'm willing to travel. are there any lists of all the half marathons on the net?

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Steve said:
Not sure but Runners World will have a list of events no doubt.
The Runners World events list is pretty good, you can search by race distance and location, which will make it easier to find a race that suits.

The site also has a lot of good training plans on it, which may be of some use to you.

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
There are a list of races at wwwrunnersworld.co.uk/race you've just missed the llanelli half but is a nice race to plan for next year .

take it easy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts