Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I've heard inflicting storys on what best in nutrition and hydration after running. Each week i jog 6 miles twice in the mornings. Obviously I drink plenty of water after during the day, however, what kinds of foods should i be eating? I can't help but feel that my body feels a touch run down after each run during the rest of the day. Also i wake up alot in the nights after each run. At first i thought it was the endorphines buzzing, but i'm now thinking its my body telling me that after a strenous run it needs more nutrition.

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
You should try to eat some carbs and potein after your workout normally within twenty minutes of finishing yiour routine as it replaces the nutrition you've used and helps your
recovery .

·
Registered
19 Posts
newbyrunner said:
Hi all

I've heard inflicting storys on what best in nutrition and hydration after running. Each week i jog 6 miles twice in the mornings. Obviously I drink plenty of water after during the day, however, what kinds of foods should i be eating? I can't help but feel that my body feels a touch run down after each run during the rest of the day. Also i wake up alot in the nights after each run. At first i thought it was the endorphines buzzing, but i'm now thinking its my body telling me that after a strenous run it needs more nutrition.
Hey newbyrunner,

That is a loaded question that would take a lot of time to answer.

I've written a book called Nutrition for Runners which you can search for on my site myTreadmillTrainer.com.
This ebook has all the answers to your questions and more.

I wish I could answer your question in full but it take forever. Check out the ebook for all your answers.

Here are some quick tidbits:

Complex carbs - 3-4 hours before run
Simple carbs (if desired) - 1-2 hours before run
Simple carbs (liquid) - ASAP after your run
Carbs, protein, and healthy fats - within 1-2 hours after your run

1 - 3 of 3 Posts