Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I started running a week ago but I've run into an issue already (pardon the pun!).

I've run twice now and so far so good in terms of enjoying it however, I am experiencing knee pain both whilst running and yesterday it lasted all day afterwards.

I wondered if this is normal or if this might indicate some kind of knee problem?

I would like to continue if possible.

Any advice appreciated 馃槉

Debs.

Registered
@double5 asked the right question @Deb_Ra . Can I ask the same again but in more detail please? Exactly what shoes are you wearing and how did you choose them?

Also, I have to ask about your weight. Do you believe you are average weight for your height? Above / Below? Dont be shy, it all matters.

You might want to try some drills at home to get your knees working without the additional load created by running. Suggest that each day you do some squats (google 'squats for beginners') that will both strengthen running muscles and get joints and tendons moving. 10 each day, increasing 2 each day until you get to 20.

Graeme
(I am a running coach)

Registered
If you haven't run much before then I think you've probably got to expect some aches and pains. I started running 5 years ago, after 30 years of relative inactivity, and had problems with my knees particularly. But I took note of what my body was telling me and stopped running or eased up for a while, and got going again when I felt OK.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts