Runners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys...will make this really quick. I am a reasonably fit guy who does on average 10+hours of cardio per week (im an instructor). I have a training profile from a book by Hal Higdon who suggests in the first week of my training I run 3x3 miles and 1x6 miles.

This in itself isnt a problem, but can anyone advise what average mph pace I should be aiming for? Is it about speed / endurance or both? Also, the route I run is probably 40% uphill...though only a slight one - it aint not Everest!

If anyone can help with this I would be really grateful.

Wayne.

PS...Also, I didnt get into the ballot it seems, I have applied for one charity Bond Place...would I be too late to apply for another too as a safety measure?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Quick answers....

.... what pace you should be aiming for is a personal measure rather than an mph one - to start with I'd aim for "conversational pace" - a pace where you could actually hold a conversation with someone while you jog/run along. In later weeks and months this should still be your main running pace, but you can also do some more out-of-breath speed sessions.

... you've got plenty of time to find Gold Bond places - some charities will still be looking in late February when FLM close their doors.

Have fun!

H

1 - 2 of 2 Posts