Runners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cooey,

Last tuesday i got the makings of a cold, sore throat, watery eyes, aching back and limbs, blocked sinuses, bad head.

On the Monday i ran 13.10 miles the tuesday i did only three miles with the club then called it a night, the cold was getting to my chest... walking up the stairs was hard enough.

I not done nothing since .. apart from yesterday i did a twenty five mile bike ride

Trouble is now .. i have my half marathon this coming sunday and i hope i will be better, i think i am coming through the cold because now i have the dreaded itchy annoying cough *sorry work people*

The half is in london and quite a big event, staying with various other club members in hotel etc night before, and we had this planned for many months.

Is there anything i can do to quickly get rid of it ............ maybe i have to change my tatics and just get round sunday.

I HATE COLDS !!!! why oh why do they come out now.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Tonight make a hot toddie and sweat the cold out of you. I swear it works :) There are other things you can do to sweat the cold out but thats your own choice!

O.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Urgghh - sounds horrendous, there are a lot of bugs about at the moment! You could try and fix it as quickly as possible... hot lemon and honey, inhale steam facial with frankinscence oil etc etc. It might be better to rest, remedy and wait and see how you feel say Thursday, (I imagine you are taking it fairly easy this week on the running front anyway)? Then make a decision. There is always another race - and to be honest 'just getting round' might not be the best strategy (I have heard of people doing this and then really suffering). Hope you get better soon though - watch Ally McBeal or Bridget Jones!! (I love chick flicks when Im sick!)

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Stay well hydrated, plenty of vitamin C (ideally from fruits rather than tablet form) and that echinea stuff, which I'm not sure how to spell either!:lol:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i think i am over the aches and pains bit, still have a bit of head cold but hopefully that will pass..

its the last bit now the horrible cough... which is more annoying for my work colleagues i think :p

As i said i did 25 miles on bike and my breathing was not too bad...

Just chest a little tight.

mmmmm curry..

P.S dont you hate a drippy nose :lol:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sauna room :p ..................... try and get in the oven........ :lol:

Steve :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
echinacea is how it's spelt :rolleyes:

I won't say anymore coz I'll start one of those debates ;)

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you know what :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts