Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
shoes ahemmmm!!!!!

I don't think i'll bother .can't imagine ruinning down a trail with them on .

Little or no support from the shoe if you were running across a slope.probably be better off running in no shoes at all.

Wonder how much they cost ! looking at the techie stuff on the site i don't quite get why the sole of these sandals would perform in the way shown over a stone .

Some seious blackened toe nails from stubbing .etc etc etc

The customer comment is from Dave to Dave:suspicious:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Looks like something the Power Rangers would wear :cool:

What the heck happened to cushioning, uppers thicker than paper, treads...?

Run on a slippery downhill surface in those and people would think you were trying to cash in your life insurance :s

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
zanshin, i do not run heel strike either... the reason these shoes have been invented is not for midfoot strikers like us, it's for 'pose runners' who use a lot of 'barefoot running' shoes and so they are normally easy to spot (see link for similar shoes)...

link 1:
http://www.geekologie.com/2007/08/29/glove-shoes.jpg

just to clarify, midfoot landing is where you land on the outside of your foot and role onto the inside of the food (shoe people call this 'pronation')... midfoot landing has been shown scientifically to have fewer injuries than heel striking and have lesser impact on knees... it is hard, however, to change running styles and i wouldn't recommend it unless you have a reason - my reason was reoccuring plantar fasciitis (i.e. heel pains!)... even if you heel strike, i think you can follow a couple of simple rules to reduce injury... for example, a lot of these sort of injuries caused by running overstriding and landing hard on the heel... this tends to happen when you running faster (i.e. sprinting to finish line in a race or running down hills)... if this is a problem, the simple way to correct it is decrease the stride length and increase foot turnover... i think that advice like this, i.e. simple advice, is the only good advice for runners... i think this cuz whilst you are running you haven't much time to think about technique and you can only apply simple changes with ease... one link i found very helpful is below and it tells you how very small changes can help you to run and reduce injuries (examples shown are not overstriding, increasing cadence and increasing core stability)... it is worth a look...

link 2:
Improving running technique

so back to pose running, pose running is the complete opposite as the advice is so unnecessarily complicated, difficult to understand and the running style is a very unnatural one...

link 3:
Run Revolution, Part I - POSE METHOD - by Nicholas Romanov, Ph.D. and Steve Freestone - 220 TRIATHLON (UK) - Speed up your run and stave off injuries? Yes, it can be done. Join the revolution with Dr Nicholas Romanov's updated Pose Method of Running.

in pose running you have to learn to lean forwards and run in a 'pose' that only a sprinter will normally take (see picture 2 in the link below)... although such this pose can be done over short distance sprinting races like 100m and 200m quite easily it is near impossible in long term distance running... to achieve such a stance you are told to do endless complex running 'drills' and go through countless falling techniques, buy books, DVDs and follow very strict complicated guidelines that you cannot achieve whilst running... to achieve this and the guidelines are so complicated that you cannot even begin to follow them... you cannot think about all these things whilst you run... my personal take on this the russian scientist is exploiting the scientific evidence that midfoot landing has fewer injuries than heel landing to promote a learning forward sprinting technique that cannot easily be used by long distance runners... i think it is a crazy and unrealistic way to run and has little to no evidence that it is any better than simple midfoot landing... but each is their own i suppose...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts