Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yep, I've got shorts, socks, leggings and flashy arm band things. All very good quality and very cheap. Although I do have a problem with the leggings in that the ankle zip sometimes comes loose and undoes itself, not that it bothers me too much.

Apparently they have a whole new range coming out at the beginning of March, typically I'm on holiday, but I don't really need any new kit at the moment.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I think the consensus is that as long as you steer clear of the shoes, it is good quality stuff and yes, great value.

·
Registered
105 Posts
i use an aldi hat that is very good, covers the ears but isn't too heavy, cost 2 quid, and the gloves for the same price that are nice and light so that you can take them off after about 2 miles and carry them. i also recommend lidl socks that are great value, and my water bottle is also from their on a belt with 2 zip pockets that really fits well into the small of your back and is ideal for long runs. cost 3 quid. i wouldn't touch lidl running tracksters, shorts and vests as they chafe and are weird shapes (or are the germans built that way?), but aldi tracksters are fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have some Aldi running stuff which I love... Also have some Lidl stuff which rarely gets worn as I don't like the fit or the material it is made from

·
Registered
244 Posts
Mr Happy said:
I wish they did the Aldi stuff in Black - cos its just as good as some of the stuff I paid several times more for but doesn't look as good
All the Aldi stuff I have (shorts, leggings and socks) are in black, guess it's just pot luck what they have in when you go.

·
RunnersForum Founder
620 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
It's good quality wicking kit everest... I topped up with a short sleeve top, tights and socks this time. I've bought quite a lot of running gear from Aldi in the past and no complaints.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fantastic gear, highly recommended. Got socks (v comfy), lycra shorts (amazingly comfy) and tights (won't know til tomorrow). Sizes can be a bit big (I'm a Nike large, but Aldi medium) but for the prices complete and total bargains.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts