Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....turn up at the club's AGM last night and now I'm the Chairman!:eek: How did that happen? :confused: There must have been a conspiracy!:( Do you think if I stop going to club meets and races I'll get the sack? :d

How should I stamp my mark on the club? Any ideas folks?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
who's gonna sack you ................. the Chairman ?? :d

as for stamping your mark as newly crowned chairman (congratulations by the way !) - what about a free booze cruise, making the most of the lighter evenings !!

Might come along myself if you did !! :eek:

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
How did it happen?????

Well done, I am sure you will make a fine chairman, just being you I am sure will be mark enough I would have thought.... :confused:

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Steady Edwina said:
Obviously a natural choice.......erm how big is your committee?

Really SE isn't that a bit of a personal question? ;) :d

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Big enough to get me past the post first when needs be!!

Just 3 proper officials but I'm going to change that...organisation required/time for change/the revolution starts here....and bring in 2/3 more so we can delegate as required.

First two plans are to set up our own race...won't be easy and to organise a club trip in 2008 to The Medoc Marathon (The wine, instead of, water station marathon in France) STATION

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hollywood said:
First, disaffiliate from English Athletics.

Second, declare independence for the Peoples Republic of Lowestoft.

Third, open the bar...
1. Can we? What would be consequences? I've not had any involvement previously so have no idea. Is it EA that have brought in the £3 race registration fee?
2. I think the local council is trying to do that already by keeping people out of town ..have you seen the car parking fees?!!
3. Shouldn't that be number 1?!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Granty said:
Steve, do members pay weekly - just interested to know.?
We just have anuual subs...a very reasonable £10pa if paid at the AGM or £12 thereafter plus the new £3 race fee required by EA (I think it's their requirement....still to get paperwork from old committee).

No weekly fees. We don't have facilities so have no costs to meet. All our running is done on road/track.

There's another club in the area that has the use of a local track for those who want to do track work and have club facilities. I suspect they have to pay for that.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Do you think I should lay down criteria for new members.......if so any ideas?!;)[/QUOTE]

The way the club was run before was there anything you didn't like? :(

1 - 20 of 29 Posts