Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya :)

I put myself down for Amsterdam this year, should be fun :cool: Who else was going to come along? Possible RF Social #2? :d

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
I may be doing it ..with SWMBO...depends on finances and how we feel after Davos.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Meeeeeee!!! I'm in, all booked up and everythin.

All that's left to do is the training :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
ooh exciting!! It's a great one to do!

(sorry I missed you on FB SB...I was wandering through Fetchland)

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
:lol:

The way you are running SB it is you should be giving the tips.
...awww. Not quite in Trin's league Giles, I'd say the only tips I'm good at giving are PG ones at the moment!....other than I'd say give injuries a proper chance to heal before getting itchy and impatiently going out for a run. Its OK - I didn't go far... I just wanted to see.... :( More rest!!

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
I have still to top 16 miles since march. Although that is something to do with available time :)

You are in the same league as Trin in my book, for the way you are improving.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
absolutely right Hrun! :)

So long as SB is sensible with injury problems... which I know she is, eh SB ;)

As for tips... you obviously know what to do after your success in Eddy, so more of the same really.

Although Amsterdam is a very flat mara you should do regular hill reps sessions in your training for the strength factor.

Also, if you can, do long flat out and backs... because there is a section of the course that is like that around a lake, which a lot of people found tedious. I didn't because at the time I was battling with my leg injury and focused on moving through pain ;)

But honestly Ros, I think if you train smart and carry on as you are going you will have a fantastic race with a good PB :)

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Ooooooooooo sounds good :)

I can do out and back - and a group of us are training together (2 others doing Abingdon which is the same day as Amsterdam - which works out nicely). In the plan we have a few loops of Dracote - which after just one loop the other night - I can tell you will definitely be good training for the tedious flat bits!! (Sounds like Edinburgh!)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Guys,

I own a company called absoluterunning.com We're currently looking for someone who would be interested in writing an article about their experience of the Amsterdam Marathon. The article will be featured on our website and included in Running Free Magazine (reaching over 20,000 people) so it's your opportunity so share your passion for the Amsterdam Marathon while becoming a minor celebrity among your running friends!

If you are interested or know someone who might be you can get in touch via the details below:
[email protected]
0844 7799 714

Regards,
Andrew Satchwell
Managing Director
absoluterunning.com

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
I thought I would just do a little post on here about tonights track session - it was awesome :) I really didn't think I would be able to do it tonight... I struggled last week at the track when I was raring to go! I did intervals at the track, 6x 800m with 400m recoveries (and warm up/ cool down...about 11km total.)

I managed to do the intervals all under my target of 4.35min/kms...averaging 4.32 or 7.19 min/miles. Getting closer to that next (sub) target of nearer to a 45min 10km :) I didn't do any limericks - I am wondering if that was what slowed me down last week... fun as it was - maybe you need a clear head to concentrate on speeding up leg turnover - which I found REALLY helped :D

1 - 20 of 125 Posts