Runners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone

Ive just started a blog called runstronger.com. Heres an offer to any members who would like to contribute.If your serious and would post relevant news , interesting reviews, advice, stories....whatever then i would be happy to give members an author account. I know ther are people that would love to write about their passion but dont have the techie side to do it so here you go. Take a look and let me know if your interested.Its only just gone up. Cheers

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
deedee, what are you trying to go for with this "blog", because all I'm really seeing is a collection of posts you've linked to on other sites, and now you're asking for contributers (who I assume won't get paid?)

I'm just wondering what you're trying to make?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The offer was born out of a conversation i had with a mate. He said he fancied having a go but didnt have a clue where to start.

Not trying to make anything in particular. The links to other posts are from an rss aggregator...as i said...just up and runnng and testing the system. It really doesnt matter... i thought it would be a nice gesture.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Ahh I see, it's an rss input, I see now.

The reason I was confused was because you called it a blog, which generally means a personal web log or diary, and then all these posts from other sites were there. Just seemed odd is all.

I think what you're doing is a good idea, I just think you need a plan of what the site will eventually become, or people like me are going to remain confused :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No Worries

Understood :)

Im a noob to running, and with most things if im going to do something i like to immerse myself in a subject.So.... I thought i would set up a running site (Another hobby of mine is learning web design) The rss feed means its a place i can go and get posts from other sites im interested in, or that give good info...and its all in the one place. My site links to theirs, which is good for them and im not claiming anyone elses work as my own.It just saves me trawling 2 or 3 sites .If i find any other good rss feeds ill add them and save myself more time ! Its my own resourse really. If anyone knows any interesting feeds..let me know.

Dont know how much ill write or when or if at all. And i know some people like to write so i thought id offer an outlet. Maybe its not such a good idea......as bairy said...maybe id regret it ! :d

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
To be honest even if it goes nowhere it's worth doing just to get the experience of design and maintainence.

I've worked on quite a lot of sites that no longer exist just to gain experience off them.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts