Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Just wondering if anyone has any advice?

Whenever I jog (which isn't quick paced by any means :embarrassed: ), I get a pain running on the outside of both ankles, from the bottom to about 6 inches up the lower leg.

Could my trainers be wrong for me, making me place my feet wrong, or is it just because I am new to road jogging?

I have quite a high instep, BTW.

My other forms of exercise are rugby (studded boots on mud/grass) and taekwon-do (barefoot on hard surface).

Any help/advice appreciated.

Carl

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Could well be your shoes - what are you running in? I would go down to your local running shop for a gait analysis.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Do you find this happens whilst playing Rugby or taekwon-do ?

Could well be the shoes, are you running on concrete, is it the same if running on grass.?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Yes you probably want a pair of road running shoes as well your ankles may need a little extra support - a local running shop should be able to advise you.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Apologies for the double posting.

I went for a run last night and the ankle pain was still there, but only on the uphill section. It was bad enough to reduce me to a walk a couple of times, but was nowhere near as bad as Monday night.

I'll be doing a run tomorrow night, so I'll see how that goes.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
carlwhitley said:
Apologies for the double posting.

I went for a run last night and the ankle pain was still there, but only on the uphill section. It was bad enough to reduce me to a walk a couple of times, but was nowhere near as bad as Monday night.

I'll be doing a run tomorrow night, so I'll see how that goes.

Just keep that sharp pointy thing that your carrying away from your feet.:eek:

I hope all goes well.

·
Registered
123 Posts
how's the ankle pain? I experienced a similar thing on Sunday but only with the right ankle.Any advice would be grately received.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went for a run tonight and the pain did come - but nowhere near as serious as before. I think it might be a conditioning thing. I'm just not yet used to prolonged running on tarmac/concrete.

Rugby is all grass/mud. TKD is an hour or so at a time, barefoot on wooden floors - but the movements are nothing like jogging/running, so aren't really a proper comparison.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts