Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes it's me again, just looking for ideas.

My right ankle hurts, it's is on the outside of my ankle (where the nobbly bit it) it swells there every day.

I have trouble walking down the stairs cos my ankle does not like to be moved forward (if you catch my drift). From standing it hurts my ankle if I try to bend my knee over my toes.

Now I have not been over on it or bashed it or anything else to cause a physical injury, it must be a ligament problem?

Now the physio said my right foot pronates and has streached my medial ligament in my knee, I'm now also wondering if this has caused the problem in my ankle?

If it is should I get an orthic? and how easy is it to get one on the NHS?

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problem, got an appointment with another physio on Monday so we'll see what they say.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
I will watch with interest as it sounds like a similar problem to mine and it has stopped me running for nearly 3 weeks now. Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will watch with interest as it sounds like a similar problem to mine and it has stopped me running for nearly 3 weeks now. Let us know how you get on.
Did it just flare up one day? What did the Dr/Physio say it was? Is it ligaments?
I'll stop with the questions for now.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
I twisted ever so slightly on a cliff path and felt a twinge. Two minutes later it was fine.

A week later I want for a good run. At mile 8 I felt a niggle but am used to aches so carried on. By mile nine I had to stop and walk back to the car.

I limped for a week and can now do anything except run. I will try again after another weeks recovery.

Oh, and I haven't seen anyone. I am just going with how I feel.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
See if I strap my ankle up with a cohesive bandage I can run (and probably without) it's not that sore, I'm not limping, it's just a tight (should not bend it anymore) feeling, on the pain scale I'd say it was a 1, the pain is the same all the time.
Probably stiffer in the morning, but once I'm downstairs it's loosened up and it's fine.

I am not going to run untill I see the physio, well I'll see how it goes.:p

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oooo her name was Miss Marple and she has been dead for 3 years:((, but she was just an amazing rabbit. I'll post piccys of my 2 I have the now. Dougal and Mhairi.
Be back soon with piccys.:d

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is Dougal and Mhairi's house

Dougal is the grey lop and Mhairi is the orange rex

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
they're brilliant. I want rabbits now.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Aye their really cute, brilliant wee pets. There are both neutered so no babies. Dougal and Mhairi have lights and a radio in the shed.:p

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I have started a new thread so we can keep this one relevant :)
And just what makes ankle injuries and rabbits so mutually exclusive? :huh:

:lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts