Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv been using some trainers that i brought cheeply and been using them for about a year or so for everyday use aswell some running though not running in them for longer then 20minutes on the running machine or outside, i wondered if its something i should be worried about of my knees and ankles hurting/aching it feels kind of?i just dont feel stable sometimes even when walking around etc and my knees and ankles just feel odd even though i havent tried running for a week or 2. Iv thought of going for gait analysis and getting some new trainers when iv saved some money and not running till iv got the new trainers i thought. what do other people think of all that?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Definately get yourself to a proper running shop and get some proper running shoes generally expect to spend £70 but they may have some speical offers on otherwise you can take their advice and buy from the internet.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I couldn't agree more, your running shoes above all else are the most important piece of kit you could ever buy. And once you have got them only use them for running and nothing else, and change them approx every 500 miles. :d

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi, ok i'll try that thanks. I just wondered if anyone had any ideas how i can keep having lots of energy while im on my period? I get so tired when i come on, like just walking round town then by early afternoonish im nearly asleep. I wondered what foods would be good to keep me going, which i find it very diffcult and even more so if i might get a job soon. thanks all.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Just try and eat lots of fresh veg and fruit - green leafy veg are good are they are rich in iron. Tend to need a little more iron at that time of the month. I tend to turn into a space cadet for the first day or two not found any cures yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts