Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've just got home from work and need to vent some anger and have a little rant.

Okay i'm probably more wound up over this than I should be, but having ordered £120 of stuff from sportsshoes.com and then having to pay a further £4.99 for 48hr delivery, I left work early today to make sure that I could pick up the "we tried to deliver... blah blah blah... please collect from...." and collect the package before closing time.

Alas, nothing. All i can find on the website is that they have a 98% accuracy on 48hr deliveries and they cannot be held responsible for royal mail workforce 'strikes'. So after calling sportshoes they assure me the package has been dispatched but deliveries are currently taking 3-5 days.

1) Why should I pay £4.99 for 48hr delivery, when it KNOWINGLY isn't 48hr delivery? Especially as I've just bought £120 of kit from them!

2) If they knew deliveries were taking longer than expected, why did they not inform me? as it turns out I've unnecessarily taken some time off work to make sure I can collect the package which i'll now have to make up another day.

3) Why state they cannot be held responsible for royal mail workforce 'strikes' when they use TNT for both of their delivery options?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

That's buggered up my run... was hoping to run in the new kit tonight, now i'm going to have to pull together some non-running kit as my usual stuff is soakin wet in the wash! :mad:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Yeah, I rant about stuff like that too from time to time :mad: You would think that for that size of order they would mail it free!

Anyway, if you send them a semi-ranting letter back, questioning what their guarantee's worth, they might give you your 5 squid back :)

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
I've had exactly the same problem with sportshoes.com. I ordered a new pair of trainers and paid the extra £4.99 as well and it eventually took over two weeks for the trainers to arrive.

I made regular phone calls and they told me that they couldn't do anything until two weeks had passed. Even after the two weeks passed, they still did nothing.

Definately not a reliable company by the sounds of things.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I had big problems with delivery of orders by sportshoes.com about 2 years ago. They promised delivery on such and such a day and weeks later, after I'd made countless emails and phone calls, they admitted that it was actually out of stock!

I haven't ordered from them since, and never will again

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol... so it looks like i'll be a lucky man if I do get my goods within 3-5 days :(

Found what I wanted a few quid cheaper on their site, and by the time I'd paid postage the saving was literally a few quid... bloomin typical eh! May as well have gone to the local running shop and paid an extra few quid to get it all there and then!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
richardsimkiss said:
Well lucky me! Turned up today :) You should see me in these compression leggings :embarrassed: :d

Good thing I'd already had my breakfast before I looked in here :confused:

Well done though... will you ever risk ordering from them again? I wouldn't. I know too many peeps who've had the same probs with them

·
Registered
98 Posts
I saw some stuff I liked on that site but I think I will stick to buying my shoes from the local running shops.

I think its bad when companies let people down, because I think its bad to let people down in general.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts