Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Been reading the site for a while and thought it was time I joined in!
So there we go!

Running to help lose some weight (hopefully!) and get fitter (fingers crossed!)

:d

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Steve,

Yeah been building it up slowly since around May this year. When I first started I could hardly run one minute without being so out of breath that I had to stop and walk. Since then I've given up the cigs (decided that was not helping!!!) and have kept training. Been doing some speed work recently- jog a bit run untill i cant run any further repeat etc... which seems to be working... can now easily run 1km without really being out of breath at all. Going to give 5km a go tomorrow and see how I get on! :)
Probably averaging around 5-7 km a week at the moment so not huge but better than nothing i guess!

Doing a 10km in October! (hopefully!!!)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Ik to 5k is quite a leap or do you mean you are able to run further than 1k but then you start to puff?!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry- yes i meant i can run further than 1k but 1k is now easy, should be able to do 5 k just not sure how quickly! ...

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
sorry- yes i meant i can run further than 1k but 1k is now easy, should be able to do 5 k just not sure how quickly! ...
Don't worry about the speed...just try to get round the 5k without stopping.
Good luck.

Don't get squished by those pesky lorries.......:lol:

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Welcome to the forum hedghog... I saw you walking along the pavement last week but I've never managed to see how you guys tackle kerbs?! ;)
Don't get squished by those pesky lorries.......:lol:
Ignore `em Gill...............

The rest of us try to.............:d

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Been away for a few days or would have said so sooner...

hello! :) hope the running is going well; do keep us posted on your progress etc...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Welcome to the forum HH.. I only joined this week but am finding the general banter very amusing and at the same time picking up some good hints and tips..Now about grabbing these legs.....any way I best get back to work...enjoy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts