Runners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, I'm Rob from Redditch. I've been running for some time now, training for Stratford on Avon half marathon, at least 2 10k runs and hopefully another half marathon towards autumn (great northern run maybe?). I've made mistakes along the way (bloody nipples, not stretching properly, etc, etc) but am more than happy with my general fitness now.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Robbo said:
hello all, I'm Rob from Redditch. I've been running for some time now, training for Stratford on Avon half marathon, at least 2 10k runs and hopefully another half marathon towards autumn (great northern run maybe?). I've made mistakes along the way (bloody nipples, not stretching properly, etc, etc) but am more than happy with my general fitness now.

Morning Rob from Redditch!!:d

I used to live there(Hunt End) a few years back and ran the Shakespeare Marathon whilst there.

Have you found a club to join? Would help with your race plans and training stategies.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no club as yet - would be very interested to here if there are any local good ones though. I'm currently up to 10 miles at the moment, but also looking at duathalons. Most of my advice comes from a mate that has just done the london marathon.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Robbo

Welcome to RF, you certainly have set yourself a few targets they are a great way to keep you motivated.

I couldn't help read your post that you might have stretchy nipples but it's still eary for me and I am very tired today and upon re-reading I was relieved to see that you don't infact have stretchy nipples, which must an absolute joy for you too, I will now stop talking.

TT :d

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Robbo said:
no club as yet - would be very interested to here if there are any local good ones though. I'm currently up to 10 miles at the moment, but also looking at duathalons. Most of my advice comes from a mate that has just done the london marathon.
I didn't find a club when I was there so can't help with that.

For advice have at a look at the Training thread here.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Howdy Robbo!! Welcome to the forum :d

Getting nervous yet? I'll be running at Stratford next Sunday too. I've had a terrible week training but what's done is done, just a few steady runs now before race day.

Have you ran Stratford half before?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi. this is my 1st half marathon so I'm a little nervous. I'm off to run about 8 miles in a short while, then one more little run on wednesday before rest and lost of pasta for sunday. Popping to Decathalon in Merry Hill this afternoon to pick up some new kit (not trainers!!) so prep is nearly all complete.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I'm sure you'll be fine Robbo... Stratford is a pretty nice course, only two hills really, one at 4miles, and another just before 8 miles... after 8 miles the course is pretty damn flat :)

Decathlon is such a great shop! I've only been there once but was completely taken back by the awesomeness of it - I wish there were more shops like it around!

Make sure you have a run in your new kit on weds though to be sure there's no nasty chaffing or otherwise uncomfortable bits that may ruin your race ;)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Best of luck to you both this weekend...sure you won't need it though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
enjoyed the stratford half marathon and happy with my time of 1.58. Bring on the next one!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts