Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, hoping you can give me some advice. I started running on and off a couple of months ago to try and lose some weight, but now as ive entered my local 5k its going to hopfully become a regular thing.

Anyway... its two things really, first being i want to invest in some good running shoes because the ones i have now really are no good, so can anyone reccomend ne brands or styles, i have a sore right knee so the more support for that the better. The second problem is i fell on my shoulder few months ago, nothing broke but i damaged the nerves, everytime i run i have agony with it so was just wondering if neone had ne tips about that.

oh yes also is there any "devices" you can buy to find how far you have ran, at the mo just running round the park and i have no idea how far it is, and i want to make sure i can do the 5k before the actual race.

thank you :)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Welcome to RF for a start!

About the shoes...go to a running shop and have a gait analysis...guys there will then tell you the right type of shoe for your feet.

Garmins give a lot of info..see threads...or try www.mapmyrun.com (think that's right) to measure your runs.

Shoulder...er can't help!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Welcome to RF

Good for you for entering a race :d

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Hope you do well in your 5k's.

I agree with Steve's suggestions. As far as the shoulder goes, have you spoken to your doctor about it? A sports massage, aromatherapy or similar may also hep it get better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts