Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:d

Hi everyone - could do with some sound advice if anyone is willing. New to running and embarrassingly I can hear my right foot slap as it hits the ground. What's going on guys?

:(

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I don't know what the answer is but I have found the following on another website which you might or might not recognise

<QUOTE>
Your foot slapping problem is similar to mine, which also resulted in metatarsalgia in my left foot. I finally figured out that I was concentrating too much on running B-H-B (Ball/Heel/Ball) and I had not yet learned to keep my feet beneath my center of gravity, so what I was doing was reaching out in front with my legs, then trying to force my feet to land B-H-B. This is not how feet were meant to be used!

I now realize that if I keep my knees slightly bent, keep my feet beneath my center of gravity, and run "from my belly" that my feet naturally land with a B-H-B movement and I don't even have to think about it! Plus I don't have to slam my feet down to meet the ground - I just wait for the ground to rise up to meet me!
</QUOTE>

Sorry not to be more help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tks for that Granty - I have a perfect gait on my left foot so not sure if it is "centre of gravity". The shin feels painful when the noise starts and my leg feels like a lump of wood. Am I suffering from shin splints? Any clues?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts