Runners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I have been doing a 3 mile loop, 5 days a week for the last month, but today I thought I

would change the loop just slightly, but I got half way round and I just stopped:( , ok I walked

for about 100 yards then started jogging again. But what i dont understand is that I have

been jogging the 3 miles non stop for the last month but today, because I changed the route I

had this mental block. Has anyone else had this problem.

Shaz

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Oh dear Sharon...but don't worry about it. Can't go well all the time.

Doing a different route probably meant you were not on auto pilot and had to think about your route...hence the stop.

Gunton Cliffs for our lot tonight!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah maybe, theres always tomorrow. Gunton Cliffs now theres a tough one, I take it you

mean Links Hill?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I get it almost every time i do a new mileage, i just end up pushing myself not to stop and then the next time i do the same run i'm back to normal form.

Although, its hard to stop bad thoughts creeping in. Someone on here once told me that you should imagine yourself at the end of the run having completed it without stopping:d :d

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Meet at Links Hill and then down Corton Rd to Tramps Alley and up and down dunes back to Links Hill...it's hard but fun...you'd enjoy it. It's a stop start affair so quite social.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks guys.

I will try it again tomorrow and I will keep you posted of how I get on.

Steve, it sounds like hard work but very rewarding, (you naughty boy, stop start affair ha ha.) ive

never heard of Tramps Alley is it near the Nudist Beach?

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Sharon72 said:
Thanks guys.

I will try it again tomorrow and I will keep you posted of how I get on.

Steve, it sounds like hard work but very rewarding, (you naughty boy, stop start affair ha ha.) ive

never heard of Tramps Alley is it near the Nudist Beach?
LOL.........you should see some of us...no affairs that I'm aware of anyway!!

It is...so make sure you turn right and not left...!:d

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Nudist Beach i never knew of this..... affairs your joking, running is hard enough without coping with excess baggage ;) ...... a piggy back would be good at times though :p

it was hard last night Steve :rolleyes: but funish........:d

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
LEECE said:
Nudist Beach i never knew of this..... affairs your joking, running is hard enough without coping with excess baggage ;) ...... a piggy back would be good at times though :p

it was hard last night Steve :rolleyes: but funish........:d
Sharon,
Leece is talking about the run being hard, and fun :embarrassed: ;)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol

I might try running down that way one day.......... so you turn left .........erm I mean right......... no left...........no right, oh I'm so confused now.........He He

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Or, thinking about it, perhaps the planned club race could "accidently" be diverted that way.............

1 - 15 of 15 Posts