Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the Bristol Half Marathon on Sunday and just wondered if anyone else was doing it or has done it before? Heard it's a good circuit to get a decent time in which is why I went for it, that's if it's still on! I know it gets pretty wet down that way and the forecast isn't exactly looking promising, but hey, should add to the excitement!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
nope not me... I stay as far away from it as possible.

I'm doing Chippenham half instead :)

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Whoops - missed this one - I am !!

Been taken down with a nasty cough / cold at the mo. - hope it clears by Sunday.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
without wanting to put a dampner on anyones race...
(I think Granty knows how I feel about Bristol half already though)

I ran it in 2002, it cost £15 to enter and was fairly well organised.

The following year the entry fee jumped to £22 (nearly 50% increase) and the organisation standards dropped.
Since then I have watched it and the organisers have got greedier by the year, too many runners and dropping standards, but increased entry fees!

In my view it's a big money making operation rather than a race for runners

I feel exactly the same way about Bath half, so you won't ever see me doing that one again either

However... hope you have a good day Ollie and Granty :)

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Good luck for Sunday boys.

Hope you get over that cold Granty.

A sub 2 hour half for you I`m sure.

My 1:54:42 PB is a good target for you.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I have the 1:54:42 etched on my brain mate !! :lol:

This year has the potential for a massive balls up I think, they have 2 different starts, a 9:30 run and then a 10:00 one for the rest of us - seems like a really bizarre thing to do, most of the guys that I have trained with are in 'wave1' and they are quicker than me - might be billy no mates on the start :'(

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Good Luck Granty and Ollie, look forward to hearing all about it :d

1 - 11 of 11 Posts