Runners Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
howday,
I'm scottish, based in edinburgh. Usually run the great scottish and north runs and have done the edinburgh marathon once. This year i took the plunge and ran the Sandbaggers Gobi Challenge. The race was ace!! 130 over 7 days across the Gobi desert in Mongolia. I'm not a great runner but managed to finish through a combination of running slowly and walking. it's a scottish organised run, very personal and an immense challenge.
I'm thinking of heading back next year (or maybe 2008) if annyone fancies forming a team or training together.

Will be at the great scottish run this sunday so look out for me (i'm the one in the orange t-shirt :mad:))
lol
pan

·
Registered
16 Posts
hello

Im Scottish n proud of it.Scotland has the best training runs in the world..Im doing the edinburgh marathon in may...aaaahhhh (for charity mind you...time not too important..or is it??):cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm from Stirling and now living just outside. Just starting races... (with great nervousness and trepidation...)

Planning on doing 10k in Linlithgow in June. And ofcourse RFL in Stirling.

·
Registered
80 Posts
hiya! im a scottish runner - just new to the site! im in the south lanarkshire area. anyone near me?!

Shelby

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Boab said:
Unlike you two sasanachs, I am born and bred Jock :p

Boab you yourself are indeed a sasanach as you are more southerly then other parts of Scotland as in John O'Groats :p

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I am not Scottish but have lived in Edinburgh for 5 years now. Usually run along the shore at Leith to Crammond, but sometimes run around Arthur's seat at weekends. Does anybody know of any good running clubs in Edinburgh. I'm sick of running on my own all the time and would like to meet fellow travellers.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hi all
Im not Scottish but have lived in Fife since 91. Normally run around the sports field at caledonia but lately started on this run.
mapmyrun.com/run/united-kingdom/rosyth/652451087

However i now have Chondromalacia pattella so wont be going out for a wee while.

·
Premium Member
6,621 Posts
Hi!
This is my first post.

I live in Fife and work in Edinburgh. I am currently training for the Edinburgh Half Marathon and then plan on running the full marathon in May. Im raising funds for the RNLI.

I started running last summer around the Meadows but then stopped in October due to the cold. I have recently found out that my work has its own gym so I have started using that and to my suprise my running fitness hasnt dropped all that much, even if the weight has creeped up!!

Just now I am following the training program from the Edinburgh marathon website and Im managing it pretty well. My only problem will be trying to find a 2 hour run near Inverkeithing......anyone got any ideas??

O.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Owain

Yes, a forum meet and run woudl be good.

I am trying to get a collegue at work to sign up, a Scottish runner but she is French!

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi

I am an incomer of 10 years standing, living near Inverness. Completely a novice runner - did a couple of 5ks a couple of years ago and only just been trying to find my 'jogging' legs again for the past few weeks. Making progress - very slowly - but being over 50 and never been in the slightest bit athletic am quite pleased with the fact that I am just acctually managing to get out there and have a go. Will be entering the Loch Ness 5k again this October. Went out with the local JogScotland group the year before last and enjoyed it but did find it a bit depressing when new people would come along saying that they had never tried jogging/running before in their lives and left me behind totally! I find my best running partners are my dogs ..!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Welcome to the forum Altna, you will find loads of great advice and a very friendly bunch. I took up running 2 and a half years ago at 52, so it's never too late. Started because of a charity 10k run in work, and to my astonishment loved it and haven't looked back since. Can't imagine now going all those years without running !

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Its great to see more Scottish runners chatting on here :) If we get enough of us we could arrange a wee forum meet at a race some time.......

O.

Somewhere central and not a marathon so as to get max interest. I should be up for that!

21 - 40 of 61 Posts