Runners Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,621 Posts
Hi Altna,
Welcome to the RF :)

As it has already been said, a great bunch of people on here and a slowly growing community of Scottish runners or should I say, people who live and run in Scotland :)

I will start another thread with regards to a RF meet

O.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome Altna

Better late than never to say 'Hi'

I'm in Aberdeen so approx 90 miles away from you!

Cheers

Gary
Hi Gary
Aberdeen is a great place for runners - my daughter lives there and does loads of hill running and triathlons. So much more there also for beginners (like me!). After the end of September everything grinds to a halt in Inverness until the weekend of the Inverness Half Marathon in the Spring but in Aberdeen there are all the 3k/5k beach runs. Would love to have some of those over here to keep the interest up through the winter months. :mad:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi Altna

Yes, quite a few places in and around Aberdeen but I have only been sticking to my Tesco routes (you daughter will know where that is!) I need to get out more but happy with what I am doing.

Tell her to give me a wave if she sees a lonly guy running around Tesco!

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi Altna

Yes, quite a few places in and around Aberdeen but I have only been sticking to my Tesco routes (you daughter will know where that is!) I need to get out more but happy with what I am doing.

Tell her to give me a wave if she sees a lonly guy running around Tesco!

Cheers

Gary
Hi Gary
Sounds fun...! Hope that is not just running around the inside of Teso's to get your shopping -assume it takes in the car park too!! Or is it a run from Tesco to Tesco?! Not sure where they all are but there is one not far from my daughter - I will get her to report back if she sees someone running around the perimeter trying to escape! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi all

Hi Gary
Sounds fun...! Hope that is not just running around the inside of Teso's to get your shopping -assume it takes in the car park too!! Or is it a run from Tesco to Tesco?! Not sure where they all are but there is one not far from my daughter - I will get her to report back if she sees someone running around the perimeter trying to escape! :rolleyes:
Funny!

For the record I'm the one in the red shirt :cool:

Flickr Photo Download: l40

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
187 Posts
Squint

Taken before the hike up Lochnagar a few weeks ago.

That was a Saturday and I usually run on a Sunday but couldn't manage that weekend due to me being knackered!

Cheers

Gary

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
What a lightweight you are Gary, scunnered by a stroll up a wee hill!! haha

Fair play to you never done much of that myself, a goldsmith we use in Montrose does loads of hill walking and has a fair few Munroes to his name! It's on my To Do list though.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Squint

It was my first Munro and a lot harder than I expected.

Was a group of us from work so had to go at different paces. Would like to do it again at a faster pace and less stops.

Cheers

Gary

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
I think it would be fun to do them in winter. Anyone seen that race up then down Ben Nevis??? Looks like a challenge!

41 - 60 of 61 Posts