Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Anybody doing the Miners Half-Marathon (Midsomer Norton Bath), next Sunday? Other than a ever so slightly sore knee and my aching back, I'll be their in the best physical shape EVER. After 6 months of running my lungs are now like Iron and capable mass milage, the back only aches slightly after a 10 miler, and the knee just aches (boo hoo).
I'm told that its quite steep in places? Is this true?

Newby!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I would have liked to have run Miners because it's relatively local but I have to recce my leg at the Cotswold Way Relay next weekend

I understand that there is a bit of a climb at the beginning, which some runners make the mistake of using too much energy on and then suffering in the latter stages.
So my suggestion would be to take it easy on that first hill and then tackle the race after that ;)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Trinity said:
I would have liked to have run Miners because it's relatively local but I have to recce my leg at the Cotswold Way Relay next weekend

I understand that there is a bit of a climb at the beginning, which some runners make the mistake of using too much energy on and then suffering in the latter stages.
So my suggestion would be to take it easy on that first hill and then tackle the race after that ;)
Hey the miners is my local running area you actually do the steep climb twice i believe as it's a two lapper! Not doing it this year myself althoug a running partner is all for the cost of a cheesecake now thats a heavy price to pay if u ask me! :d

1 - 3 of 3 Posts