Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the Medoc marathon or the Swiss Alpine marathon in Davos? If so what were they like?

If I recall correctly the former has wine/cheese stations instead of water stations and the latter has 3 events, 30k all downhill, 42k up, up, up and down and for the foolish a 70k(ish).

Any other events abroad recommended?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did the Medoc Marathon in 2007. It was fun, but really hard going. The weather was very intense, and the back of my arms, neck and legs were badly burnt.

It was a great atmosphere with all the chateaus having vino on offer! A couple of things to bear in mind: the run takes you through vineyards so it's not all road running and injuries do happen... The last loooong stretch down the gironde is just tedious, so be prepared for some VERY long miles. Don't let the negatives put you off as it was a good day... regardless of how tired I felt at the end!

I shant be doing this one again though, as a marathon is tough enough even without consuming alcohol, however nice the idea might be!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for info.
Have entered the Swiss Alpine K42....still considering Medoc....like the idea of the training for it though!!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I haven't... so I don't know

...I guess that's not very helpful is it

I'll get my coat

(which is a good idea, because I'm going out :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cor just notice how old this thread is...posted in Sept 06 and got first reply in March 08....IS THIS A RECORD?

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Steve said:
Cor just notice how old this thread is...posted in Sept 06 and got first reply in March 08....IS THIS A RECORD?
You didn`t take the hint then Steve................:d

·
Registered
8 Posts
It is not advisable to put your foot to the floor on that one if you intend getting round it with having adrink at each chateau.

There is alot of support and it is quite a fun atmosphere.

Sorry, I have just joined the forum, whilst I am a marathoner... I am moving into triathlon.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I'm gonna do the Medoc marathon this year I think! A few people from the club planning to go as a bit of a holiday :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts