Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a first time buyer hoping to step onto the property ladder very soon.:eek: Anyone out there know of any great mortgage deals or have any sound advice?;)

Your comments and help are appreicated.:)

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
244 Posts
Are you a graduate? I'm in your position and am just waiting to move in to my house. I got a reasonably good deal with Scottish Widows with the graduate mortgage (5 years fixed rate).

·
Registered
419 Posts
We bought our house on a flexible mortgage - we used VirginOne who have a very easy system to use - just one big bank account with a negative number attached - all your money goes in there and every penny helps to reduce the interest fees. They've been excellent and we're now well ahead of payback schedule (no kids, two incomes,...) - but they perhaps don't offer the most aggressive pricing (maybe beaten by 0.25%). I think somewhere I've got a voucher that gives me and whoever I refer 125 quid for opening up a new account.

Note - flexible mortgages are (IMO) superb if you can save more than the amount you need to pay back - but they may not be as great if you can't do that...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts