Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ladies

I have a mirena coil fitted which is due up in Nov this year, I've never had a problem with it and to be honest it's be great to have no monthlies for the last five years:p

However, recently I have noticed that when I have done a particular hard run, I bleed the next day, then it settles again. I am not sure if this is just due to the fact it is getting near to the end of its life or if it's something else.

Also this last week I have had horrendous PMT (sore boobs, gained weight, been a moody cow:evil:) and after my hard run the other day I was bleeding lightly yesterday but now have a full blown period today!!, not had one of these for 5 years so its a bit of a shock!

Until I get to the doctors (which won't be until next week) I'm a bit stuck really, does this mean that I won't be 'protected' anymore? as I'm now thinking that the coil has obviously stopped working

any advice?

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'm sorry to hear your having troubles after so long being problem free. It could be that your coming to end of its life so to speak but only blood tests would prove that. I suggest you take a trip to see your GP or practice nurse and get them to take it out and have a new one put in. In the meantime like Hrun said use alternative protection although concieving while you still have a coil insitu would be unlikely but never impossible.

HTH

Nat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts