Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has just come to mind...
... There are a vast number of footwear/gait/injury/pronation-related posts on the forum. The majority (if not all) of these posts are from adult runners. I was wondering if a "lifetime" of wearing "normal" footwear could be the cause of some feet developing "bad habits" and subsequently playing-up when asked to do something as radical as run?

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I can imagine it be even more of an issue for females - what with their high heeled antics and all :rolleyes:

Could well be a could point though, I know my 'smart' shoes for work have a slightly raised heel section, and the sole is basically just a big lump of plastic!

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
pedestrian said:
This has just come to mind...
... There are a vast number of footwear/gait/injury/pronation-related posts on the forum. The majority (if not all) of these posts are from adult runners. I was wondering if a "lifetime" of wearing "normal" footwear could be the cause of some feet developing "bad habits" and subsequently playing-up when asked to do something as radical as run?
I agree ill-fitting shoes are the root of all evil

·
Registered
835 Posts
richardsimkiss said:
...............my 'smart' shoes for work have a slightly raised heel ..........
Well I never, Richardsimkiss admits to being a cross dresser! :eek: and in public! ;)

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can get pretty cross as well when I'm getting dressed and can't find a matching pair of socks. :d

·
Registered
835 Posts
Not a problem for me, every pair I have are black! Though I too get cross when they get they get tangled up with the tights! Especially when the mornings are dark and I get the angry looks from TBH when I turn the light on.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
scr8pe said:
Not a problem for me, every pair I have are black! Though I too get cross when they get they get tangled up with the tights! Especially when the mornings are dark and I get the angry looks from TBH when I turn the light on.

It's a good excuse I suppose "... Well it was dark...". :rolleyes:

·
Registered
835 Posts
I think this would be a good time to depart to the boudoir, don't want a repeat of last weeks drunken outburst!!

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
scr8pe said:
I can never never ever find 2 matching socks in my house, just where do they go?

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
dimple said:
I can never never ever find 2 matching socks in my house, just where do they go?
It's not like someone else is going to steal your socks, unless you have little Pixies running round your house.

I wouldn't have thought normal shoes would cause your feet to much of a problem provided they are well fitting and not silly fashion type things! The stresses the foot is under during walking are a fraction af that which are placed on them when running. Also your gait is quite different while running compared to walking.

Look at that a silly post and a sensible one at the same time! Who said I couldn't multitask!!!

Squint

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
All my work socks are black, yet as they've been washed more and more, they start to turn slightly different shades, so I have to spend ages finding the nearest matching pairs :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dimple said:
I don't bother trying to match anymore, I just wear odd ones, like a pink one and a yellow one:eek:

That was actually fashionable for a while in the 80's. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
No, you need to buy two pairs as they only come in one colour per pair so to get odd ones you need to buy one pair green and one pair yellow. Might go for one pair pink too to really mix it up!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts