Runners Forum banner

Morning or Evening?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... and would you run at the same time of day if you didn't have to fit in around work and other life commitments?

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
i run in the evenings in the week and morning at the weekend... given the choice i would always run in the morning though

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm a morning runner. It fits in with my life best, but I'd run in the mornings anyway - I'm generally a morning person. If I get to around 10am without achieving something, I feel like I've wasted the whole day :lol:

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Same as beasty run in the evenings midweek and morning ish at weekends.

love running in the dark, so v happy the dark nights are on their way :d

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
The later in the day the better for me, which is weird because I'm a morning person too- I'd rather get up at 4.30 to work (as indeed I did yesterday) if I've got a lot on rahter than stay up late. But as I'm self-employed and work from home, I can by and large arrange things so I can run when it suits me.

·
Registered
408 Posts
tend to run in the evenings during week and during day (late morning/lunchtime) at weekends.

If i didn't have to fit it round work/commitments etc. I would probably late mornings though as couple I have done at that time felt good

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm all about the morning runs, because I'm mostly doing it to burn fat so I want to get my metabolism going and all that.

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
I seem to more of an evening runner. Everytime I go out for a Sunday morning run, I seem to get shinsplints, but don't seem to have the same problem when I go running later in the day.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Your feet are larger in the morning, loads of physiological changes happen on your body through the day, maybe this is behind your shinsplints?

I'm an evening person, I hate getting up early for any reason, even to run, so what morning runs I do do are usually just to chase the a$$hole that woke me up :d

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
I think you're right - it's just a shame most races are in the morning, though.
Get up in the middle of the night and you will be ready :p
Your feet are larger in the morning, loads of physiological changes happen on your body through the day, maybe this is behind your shinsplints?

I'm an evening person, I hate getting up early for any reason, even to run, so what morning runs I do do are usually just to chase the a$$hole that woke me up :d
HaHa :d great image of a 5k in jimjams chasing someone with a slipper in your hand :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
the later the better, there's a disused railway line I run down, great at night with just the moo light, no one about apart from a few nocturnal mountain bikers who must think the same as me.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts