Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may be aware Im currently training to attack the Royal Marines Commando course next year.
I have been in the Army 15 years and have been both a Phase one (Basic training) Instructor and I currently work in a careers office

So if anyone needs any advice about joining up or the Fitness required Please by all means Pick my brains.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Stacka is looking to do the marine course at some point - you two could have a chat.

Liked the idea of joining the army before the tropps were sent into everyone else's battles...! Getting shot at isn't my thing!

Really admire the discipline you guys have though.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi MS164, I have a few questions

Is it true you can't join the army if you have flat feet?
What is the maximum age for joining?
Can you train to be a paramedic in the army?
What is the basic rate of pay upon joining?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi MS164, I have a few questions

Is it true you can't join the army if you have flat feet? Not sure on that one
What is the maximum age for joining? 33 for Regular 43 for the TA
Can you train to be a paramedic in the army? Yes there called CMTs
What is the basic rate of pay upon joining? £13,500

Hope that helps

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thanks for that, I think I'll have to give the army a miss, after my mortgage comes out I'd be left with only pennies:(

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that, I think I'll have to give the army a miss, after my mortgage comes out I'd be left with only pennies:(
Yes its a big commitment money wise if you have a mortgage.Not a lot I can help you with on that score.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Basic training is 14 weeks of a mixture of fitness and Lessons, really Its about breaking you down and showing you what your really capable of.
We have Hand picked Instructors who know exactly how to get the best out of a person whether its on the Drillsquare or on a hard PT session.
We teach the very basics of soldiering.Fieldcraft, Shooting, Basic first aid. Its all about getting the fundementals down, something to build on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey good luck with the Royal Marines commando course. my brother joined the marines last year and he loved every second of the training.
Im in the RAF by the way so hi to a fellow serviceman

:)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Basic training is 14 weeks of a mixture of fitness and Lessons, really Its about breaking you down and showing you what your really capable of.
We have Hand picked Instructors who know exactly how to get the best out of a person whether its on the Drillsquare or on a hard PT session.
We teach the very basics of soldiering.Fieldcraft, Shooting, Basic first aid. Its all about getting the fundementals down, something to build on.
So it's more about getting you to prove something to yourself rather than prove something to the instructors?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts