Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the Asics GT 2130 a support shoe? if so, is it just an upgraded version of the 2120? what does the Personal Heel Fit do on the 2130?

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
In essence it is the updated 2120. I had a pair of 2120 went and got a pair of Mizuno wave thingybobs, but now I'm back to Asics in the form of the 2130. In my humble opinion it is a better shoe than it predessor.

As for the PHF it is a piece of high density memory foam that goes around the top of the heel in the shoe. Nothing to fancy but comfortable.

Squint

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
If you already have the 2130 then yes they are not much more expensive. Running shoes are a very personal thing though. When I bought my last pair I tried on 4 others in the shop before deciding. Even then I had to be an awkward bugger and ordered them in black, I hate wearing white trainers find myself looking at my shiny new shoes and not where I'm going!

Squint

·
Registered
601 Posts
Great value unless they are not the right shoe for you!
I would go with that. Its best to get your show fitted. The running shop I used doesn't even say about gel/air insert etc, they sell you the shoe for your fit, base on gait analysis and wear on previous shoes...even the shoe you walked into the shop with.

Saying that The asics look nice :D

·
Registered
511 Posts
The guy in the running shop told me 2130's were the best selling shoes in the UK. I've had 2130s for the last couple of months but they never felt right when i ran in them so i've now bought some mizuno waves. As already mentioned different shoes suit different people.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts