Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up until the last few months I'd mainly been wearing Asics 2100's which I was very happy in. I'd heard there were some big differences between 2100's and 2110's, and couldn't find any more 2100's so decided I'd better get myself down to the local sweatshop for advice.

The guy in there confirmed that the 2110 was quite different from the 2100, and I would probably be better off in the 1110 as these were quite close in style to the 2100. (he actually said he wouldn't really recommend either for me, but if I'd been very comfortable in the 2100 and had no problems he couldn't see the reason to change).

I get on OK with the 1110's but I'm not entirely convinced (unlike I was about the 2100).

So I'm wondering is the 2120 is a closer match to the 2100 than the 2110? Or is there still a big (or bigger difference). Also what's happened to the 1110 for the jump up to the 1120?

Is anyone able to shed any light? I know some of you guys work for running shops so what's the official Asics line? Also has anyone tried the 2120/1120's who has used the previous models?

As you can see it's all starting to get confusing, for a non shoe techie like me! :huh:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hammerite, can't you contact Asics directly. They will give you the answers you are after I am sure.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Hammerite

From early feedback at Sweatshop I think that the 2120 is likely to give you a much closer feel to your 2100.
Whenever the 2000 series is updated Asics will be at pains to ensure that the shoe fits and feels as close to the last one as possible, however there have been a couple of occasions where it wasn't as similar as anticipated, and the change from 2100 to 2110 was one of those.
The feedback certainly appears to have been taken on board by Asics, a number of our store managers have fed back to me that they believe that firstly the old 2100 customers will be really happy again with the 2120, but also that the 2120 is the best 2000 series shoe ever.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nick said:
Hi Hammerite

From early feedback at Sweatshop I think that the 2120 is likely to give you a much closer feel to your 2100.
Whenever the 2000 series is updated Asics will be at pains to ensure that the shoe fits and feels as close to the last one as possible, however there have been a couple of occasions where it wasn't as similar as anticipated, and the change from 2100 to 2110 was one of those.
The feedback certainly appears to have been taken on board by Asics, a number of our store managers have fed back to me that they believe that firstly the old 2100 customers will be really happy again with the 2120, but also that the 2120 is the best 2000 series shoe ever.
Hope that helps.
Cool thanks for taking the time to answer Nick. I may get back to the 2120 then :d

1 - 5 of 5 Posts