Runners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I am an intermediate runner who has used pretty much the same model of trainer (albeit in different reiterations) for a number of years without problems. I use an ASICS Gel Kayano and until now I haven't had any issues. After having versions 22 -25 I realised I needed a new pair and rather than paying the extra for the newer version 26, I managed to source another v.25 model (this was exactly the same shoe as I had been wearing for the last year) 10m into my first run with the new trainers I began to loose feeling in my toes. I immediately loosened laces / checked the fit but nothing seemed odd. Despite their newness, the shoes felt very familiar. However, 30m later I was still very uncomfortable and although I completed the run all was not well. All of that was 1 week ago; I haven't been able to run since and even putting the trainers on for some ex.bike work, all is not correct. It seems to me that despite having exactly the same model, there appears to be less room between the insole and the upper which is affecting circulation and comfort. This didn't happen with the same version of the previous shoes. Any thoughts on how to remedy this? I can't return the shoes as I have run outside in them but i have thought of changing out the insole.

cheers,

Liz

·
Registered
830 Posts
You could try a thinner insole, but in general I'd advise against persevering with what you think ought to be the case and go with what the experience actually is. I'd put it down to experience and switch brands or model or size.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts