Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
It's a good flat course (the stretch to Hampton Court is nice), well organised by Human Race, costs a little bit more than most local races, and you get a mug rather than a medal (which is a good point for me!)

The October race is nowhere near as busy as the March (pre-FLM) one, but there are still plenty of runners.

I've done the 8.2 and 16 in the past - but this time I won't be joining in - have the GNR the week before and the excellent Cabbage Patch 10 mile race in Twickenham the week after - so I'm treating myself to a rest :)

Good luck!

·
Registered
220 Posts
It's tempting as it's local for me (as in - run to the start local), but it's sandwiched between Windsor Half and Cabbage Patch, so I won't be doing it. But I have heard very good things about it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All of the comments i've heard about this race are positive, so i';m certainly looking forward to it even more now - I wouldn't have been saying that about a 16miles race a while ago ;)

I may sign up for the Breakfast Run (march) once i see how this one goes. It's quite good as I can do the race and my wife can hit the shops - so we are both happy then :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am hoping to do the Great South Run so I wont be taking part this time, maybe next year though as it is local for me too.

I will miss the Cabbage Patch 10 for the same reason.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah, It's a really good race... v flat and fast despite some of it being on the Hampton towpath. The towpath is not rutted at all though so it doesn't slow you too much. Definitely a PB course

For the sharp end there are also pretty good prizes. I got £60 and a huge, good quality Asics Bag for a 4th in the 16 miler a few years ago

1 - 7 of 7 Posts