Runners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've just come to the end of my 2nd pair of asics nimbus shoes, they are starting to get hard, and getting uncomfortable. I've done 1300miles on 2 pairs, and now I'm going to drop that down to the more recommended 400-500 miles, because I think the shoes may be causing some of my legs issues...

Anyway, given that these shoes are (when new) near perfect for me, I'm a neutral runner etc, I was wondering if anyone had any alternative experiences with other trainers for similar running style? Otherwise I'll just get the new version of what I'd had!!

Thanks all!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I got a pair of these on recomendation from a running shop as I was told I had a high instep and therefore didn't need any arch support. I mentioned that my previous ones DID have a lot of arch support and seemed to work ok for me. They said they couldn't recomend that I run with arch support so I bought the nimbus.

I think what happens though is that yes, I do have a high instep and tend to run on the outside of my foot but after a couple of miles my ankles start to get tired and can't hold this foot position and my foot sort of slumps over onto the instep and I start to get pains up the outside of both calves.

So I bought another pair of what I had before and just wear the Nimbus as trainers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts