Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, thinking of buying some Asics Stratus and wondered if anyone had got any, I am worried that they may not be hardwearing enough as they are so soft, I run mainly on tarmac and they look really comfy, any opinions good or bad gratefully received. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Every shoe model will have varying degrees of suitability for every runner.
Every opinion of that model will vary.
Never choose shoes based on the opinions (good or bad) of others.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Your best bet would certainly be to try them on before buying them - I've tried on some pretty uncomfortable shoes that 'look' nice and comfy!

In terms of how hard wearing they are? No idea I'm afraid :embarrassed:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry

Sorry I didnt make myself clear, I have tried them on and they are ultra comfy and neutral as I am, I was just wondering about the wear of them really, I would never buy a trainer on opinion alone, I always always have my gait tested before I buy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would still really like to know how they wear on tarmac though, if anyone else can help??:confused:

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Its a hard one to quantify really. The softness won't have a lot to do with the wear rate. That will depend on the material used on the parts that contact with the ground and how many miles a week you do.

In my case I am carrying an extra 3 stone so am quite hard on my shoes. At the end of the day I would try them. Once they wear out you can decide if the wear versus comfort means it is worth buying another pair.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good point I am not doing too much at the moment as I am struggling with an ankle injury which I am seeing sports doc for but normally I do about 50 mins 3 times a week, but I do think they seem really comfy, if they wear out too quick I will have to get something else

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Hi Helen , It's an asics shoe so should be pretty good on the tarmac. It depends what your expectations of hardwearing are .

Have you asked in the shop where you bought them if anybody else has had durability issues ?

Have you in the past ?

try this link www.shoeguide.co.uk - welcome to shoe guide, find your perfect shoes here - Adidas, Asics, Berghaus, Brooks, Ecco, Helly Hansen, Hi-tec, Inov-8, Keen, Merrell, Mizuno, New Balance, Nike, Pearl Izumi, Puma, Reebok, Salomon, Saucony, The North Face, Ti it's only a guide though !

Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts