Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the running community continues to grow year by year, we begin to see more cities enter the marathon scene. Whilst the more famous cities in Asia boast established marathons, the fever has spread itself to Central Asia. Having made its debut last year, Kazakhstan’s capital city, Astana, is slowly building a reputation as one of the more exciting marathon destinations in the world. Boasting an incredibly flat race course, runners are able to soak in some of the most beautiful and bizarre sights that the continent has to offer.

The Astana Marathon offers three distances - 10k, 21k, 42k. Welcoming runners of all abilities, it also attracts people from all parts of the globe. With the Start/Finish point situating itself next to the world’s biggest tent, Khan Shatyr, the race course takes athletes through different parts of the youngest and second coldest capital city of the world. Using Chronotrack timing system, runners will be able to receive their results on the same day.

If you’re looking to obliterate your personal best in style, there are few places in the world that give you better conditions to do it, with Astana being notoriously flat. So be sure to register and come and join us for Astana’s second official marathon on the 4th of September 2016!

www.astana42k.com

·
Registered
869 Posts
I'm going to be massively pedantic now, but a marathon is 42.2k

·
Registered
869 Posts
Just your site only ever refers to it as 42k...

·
Registered
841 Posts
If anyone wants any general travel experience to Astana, I can ask my mrs - she's been there on business.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts