Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, the (extremely!) rare spell of sunshine and warmth in Glasgow seems to have passed. i did 6 miles last night in the beautiful, traditional scottish drizzle and i loved it. felt better and finished stronger than i have in weeks and long may this weather continue!

anyone else find that running has totally reversed their concepts of 'good' and 'bad' weather?

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
often felt that Nikstein :lol:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I didn´t run the whole last week cause we had temperatures of over 30 degrees. Even at night ( 9pm ) it was so hot that I felt like I´m in the rainforrest. Luckly temperatures are normale now.
Can´t understand why everyone is speaking of "good weather" when it´s so hot that you´re already sweating even when you´re doing nothing.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
I didn´t run the whole last week cause we had temperatures of over 30 degrees. Even at night ( 9pm ) it was so hot that I felt like I´m in the rainforrest. Luckly temperatures are normale now.
Can´t understand why everyone is speaking of "good weather" when it´s so hot that you´re already sweating even when you´re doing nothing.
Different country, I don't think it got quite that hot in England.

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
I don't mind the rain as long as its not torrential, but finished my run before the it started last night.

On Sunday, I finished my run and was about to start my cooldown jog back to the car. I was soaked to the sink within minutes, it looked like I had been in the shower.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Well, I would gladly have hot weather at the moment. It has rained here in Edinburgh all day and it's freezing. Went for a run in the rain and had to wear 2 layers to stop myself freezing. Got drenched today walking outside. My jeans were sodden through and a bus completely drenched me when it went through a puddle :( So don't come here complaining about it being 30c or I might have to slap you :p

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I just said this in another post so, at the risk of brown-nosing, I agree with Steve. Cool and drizzly is perfect. My nightmare is that thick-aired humid type of weather. Urgh.

·
Registered
516 Posts
well, the (extremely!) rare spell of sunshine and warmth in Glasgow seems to have passed. i did 6 miles last night in the beautiful, traditional scottish drizzle and i loved it. felt better and finished stronger than i have in weeks and long may this weather continue!

anyone else find that running has totally reversed their concepts of 'good' and 'bad' weather?
I agree with you. Drizzle drizzle and more drizzle!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Sorry JBBury, I'm in Edinburgh and love the torrential rain. Me and the dog went out yesterday morning and I was completely soaked within a few minutes, nobody else on Calton Hill yesterday morning, can't think why:p Only thing I don't like is the wet feet. Running home from work tonight so hope the downpour continues:cool:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have a recurring nightmare that there's a freak heatwave on Sept 7 (great scottish run and my first half marathon).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts